Sunday, June 19, 2011

Guest Bedroom(s) Finally Done!




It's not often that I get the chance to work on projects for me.
But recently, I've focused on the guest bedrooms.

 Tho' I failed the all white-room challenge by using brown accents,
it was good to have the room put back together
before our guests arrived. 

I am delighted by the cornices
that Sherry made for me.

What a special friend she is  
to offer me her time and her talent.
Everything her hand touches is magic!

The cornices were upholstered with a drop-cloth,
and the swags were cut from some drapery panels
I purchased from Ballard Designs
but never used.

...until now!






And so we are ready for guests!

BUT WAIT.....


a second guest room got a facelift, too.  




The accent wall is painted --
I adapted the design from a piece of wallpaper
 that caught my eye.
There is something about oversized patterns
that appeals to me.

Again, Sherry to the rescue!
She made drapery panels using another painter's drop-cloth
adding a border of checked fabric.

Didn't they turn out nicely!
 


Enjoy!
                     

1 comment:

  1. They both look great. Sharon-- LOVE the polka dot pillows!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment.
I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails