Sunday, May 23, 2010

No Jumping on the Bed!


As I finished up a nursery, the client's sister-in-law called to see if I could help with her daughter's room.  It was time to move from the crib into a "big girl" bed, and could I help choose a color  and a design for the walls.



Inspired by dreams of ball gowns and fairy tales, the pink and gold damask linens are an elegant mix of color and texture.  And the bed....well, let's just say that if this were mine, I'd never want to get up in the morning and paint!

Aren't these pillows scrumptious?



We decided to paint the walls gold rather than pink so the room would harmonize better with the rest of her home.  Given the sophistication of this room, I wondered what to offer that would complement the fabrics - not compete with them. 
In the end, I offered three concepts, each with their own personality. 



 The client preferred the deep wall color on the left.  And she especially liked the ribbon and roses motif drawn directly from the lace pattern on the bed skirting.  I added some antique gold to the ribbon and for extra sparkle, glued Swarovski crystals in the center of each rose.

The end result was delicate, airy with a little bit of glam. 
Quite a fancy room for a little girl, isn't it?


Let's see if I can get a closer view.

Oh, and no jumping on the bed!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails