Sunday, December 19, 2010

Detour Around Town: Wrap it Up, I'll take it!

Days spent with girlfriends are such a rare treat, which is why I was thrilled to spend an afternoon with two of my Book Club friends recently, as we prowled the local Potters Market.  The three day event was huge -- over 130 potters filling 12,000 sqft with all sorts of hand crafted pottery. 

It was a feast for the eyes.  We roamed the aisles enjoying it all - sculpture, cachepots and teapots, lamps, tiles, bowls and serving dishes, ornaments and jewelry.  Everywhere I looked there was something to admire and tempt me.  (Oh, how that green serving platter called my name!)  But I resisted, focusing instead on finding a hostess gift for an upcoming holiday party.


When I saw these cat bowls, I knew I'd found the gift.  Our hostess has two cats and just adopted a black and white kitten who now rules her home.   Her kitties will be dining fashionably with these cute bowls, but she easily could use them for breakfast cereal instead!

Uh-oh.  I didn't have a box to wrap them in, nor a sturdy gift bag. There was no tissue paper, nor any packing peanuts.  Time to improvise.



A cardboard cake disc wrapped with gift paper made a strong base 

and candy cushioned the bowls for stacking
                               
a bit of cellophane and ribbon held things together



..and a hand painted tag finished the job

Off to the party......



               Enjoy!                                   

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails