Sunday, March 27, 2011

From Sweet to Sassy



Years ago I painted whimsical flowers
 in a young girl's bedroom. 
The colors were delicate ---
 a whisper of pink and pale
spring green.

But time marches on.
That little girl is now a lovely seventeen year-old
 who is eager for a more artsy, sophisticated room. 

She decided on these colors--  


Benjamin Moore - Costal Paradise, Mocha Brown & Springtime Bloom

So we said good-bye to the little girl room
and began to welcome the new.


The main walls in the bedroom were painted turquoise.
In each corner, this creative teen wanted
wide pink panels with brown stripes.

I added the funky flowers to pull the scheme together.
Those same flowers were used
 in the bright pink hallway leading to her bath.



Here's a concept board
representing her room when its finished.
Classic white furniture and retro accents
make a stylish room this teen!



I'll share this room on Anne's 
Monday Design Challenge at Bird/Like.


Enjoy!






5 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Can't wait to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, oops sorry about that, let me try again. I love your mood board, isn't Anne's party so fun. I love the colors for the room and she is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're partying with me, you super talented gal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails