Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Surprise Gift


I received a surprise gift today --
this cheerful piece of garden art
...and a basket filled
with goodies and treats 
delivered by my thoughtful friend, Sherry.


Isn't this so clever and cute?


I've long admired Sherry's glass sculptures,
and its a delight to have one in my garden.
If you look carefully, you'll see a decanter,
a floral vase, and pressed glass sundries
all put in perfect order to make this unique piece.

Just for me!!!

Within moments we planted it in the front garden.
 LOVE how it looks with with my red front door!


There's no way that I can thank her
 for her loving generosity.
It's simply who she is.

"Each one should use whatever gift
he has received to serve others,
faithfuly administering God's grace in its various forms."
Peter 4:10

But what I can do is "pay it forward"
and bless someone else in an unexpected way.

That's my challenge to myself and to you this week:
find a way to bless someone
in an unexpected and unasked for way.
Then tell me about it! 


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, It is so beautiful! Sherry's was the very first blog I ever laid eyes on, and I have always been amazed at her gifts and the presentation of her gifts. So thoughtful and pretty! It is good to have good friends who help us along in being the daughter's of the King that He created us to be! Going about, doing good. Tootles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the sweet post. How funny, you have to take a look at my current post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this garden art your friend created. I can see a hummingbird feeder sitting on top. I know my hummers would love it.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails