Sunday, September 25, 2011

Welcome Baby!


Isn't this a charming way to welcome
 a new baby into the family?

The sign stands over 6' tall
and as you can see, a baby sleeps in the cradle.

My client had the sign made,
and with the birth each child,
a name plate was painted
and hung on the front of the cradle
announcing her good news. 

Not knowing if this baby would be a boy or girl,
I painted two name plates.



Once the baby arrived, 
the final details were added, and the sign delivered
so it would be in her yard when she came
home from the hospital. 

Welcome home, little one.

....and here's a little backstory.  
The baby was born a week later than expected
 while  I was working out of town,
so  
my husband had to paint the vitals
and deliver.
(deliver the sign, not the baby, sillies!) 


He stepped wa-a-ay out of his comfort zone for this one!



Enjoy!








6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Beautifully done and kuddos to the hubby for painting the stats! He did a much better job than I could have. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! (And personally, I think it is even better that they didn't find out the babies sex ahead of time.)
    Btw, Sharon, I went out and bought the paints to redo the hope chest. Now I just need to get out there and do it!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet idea! and your husband did a wonderful job, it looks completely professional. Love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once your baby see this when he grows up, he would probably say, "what lucky baby I am". It really showed your love and care for him which made it so special..great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, Sharon, this is beyond darling. Now, not only do I need a cow painting and my bathroom walls done, but.....I need a new baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails