Sunday, October 16, 2011

Painted Pumpkins



When you play with paint,
it gets messy,
(and yes, this is my workshop).
 You soon realize that some projects work.
And some don't.
This one didn't.

But with paint, just as in life,
when things don't turn out as planned,
they can be more interesting
than you first expected.

I wanted white pumpkins.
Not real ones.
Painted ones.

Could I crackle them
so that their orange color
would peek through the white paint?

Using a box of 'faux-fall decor'
found in the storage room, the experiment began.


I primed the pieces,
applied the crackle,
and painted with antique white.
.......and waited.
.......and waited.
.......and nothing happened.


Hours later, I gave up
and began to wash the paint off.

But wait, this looks interesting!

And so I mixed the white-washed pumpkins and gourds, 
with some branches,  fruits and berries
and plunked them in a ceramic dish.


I don't decorate my home for each season
like so many of you do.
It just seems like soooo much work.
No sooner is the job finished,
and it has to be changed again!

But I was feeling artsy today.

Snagging some odds-and-ends
 from the rest of the house,
I managed a small autumn display for the kitchen.

It's not fancy, but it works for me!



Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I like it too! Don't feel bad, the only things I have up for fall are three wreaths and a couple of garden flags. Would love to go all out like your friend Sherry...Hope your Sunday is grand. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails