Sunday, January 8, 2012

Glazed Doors



Simply put, I am but two hands
doing for people what they can't do for themselves ~
Paint.
I take their ideas and make them happen.

Not all projects are colorful.
Nor are they all glamorous,
or wildly unique.

But each job is important,
because it's part of a client's plan for her home.
And I am pleased to play a small part in that plan.

This master bathroom is still under construction.
It's a glamorous and beautiful room --
and when completed, it will be a show-stopper.


My job - not so glamorous!
I was asked to paint the closet doors
so that they would blend
with the factory produced millwork.

Because the house is under renovation,
I was able to set up the doors
in the adjoining room and spray them.

You can see that the homeowner already tested some colors,
but ultimately I used the ever trusty,
 Sherwin Williams Antique White.


For all you gadget lovers,
this is what I used to brace the doors for painting.


Once set up, it was a breeze to prime and paint
both sides of the doors using my sprayer.

You can see by the paper covering the floor,
that there wasn't much overspray or mess.
Gosh, I love my HVLP!



With the chocolate glaze added
and several coats of varnish,
 these doors are ready to be hung
as soon as the room is painted.



Next week I'll be working on the fireplace,
so I'll get to see the room totally done.....
and that's always a treat for me.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those will look so beautiful once hung. I wish I lived closer! I would pay you to teach me all of your different techniques. On another note, thank you for the visit and sweet comment @TheDedicatedHouse. It means the world. Hope you're having a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work! They look perfect. I love seeing your projects.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails