Sunday, February 12, 2012

Ceiling Medalions


One of my little projects this week
was painting a ceiling medallion
 to blend with a client's dining room decor.
A very simple combination of 
 bronze and antique gold
would do nicely in her room.
It took me less than an hour to do this.
But what surprised me most
 was seeing the same ceiling medallion
at a local lighting store
for $314 ON SALE!


Medallions make a stylish addition to any room. 
Typically, I like to use the colors
of the chandelier on the medallion.
This gives a little more "zip" to the chandelier
and visually ties the two elements together.

Like this:

It's not often that I'm asked to paint
medallions in pastel colors,
but aren't these unique?

Wish I'd seen them installed.





And sometimes, I paint a quick 'faux' medallion,
right on the ceiling, as in this nursery.



This client thought beyond a simple medallion.
The light fixture in her den became the center
of a large mariner's compass rose.


More and more people are looking up
and bringing their ceilings
into the total design of their rooms.

I'm delighted to see that ceilings
are being painted with color and pattern.

No longer is the ceiling just an expanse of white,
but another canvas for self-expression.  

Enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. Wow, that compass rose ceiling is really impressive! I've been absent from blogging lately, thanks for coming by to visit 'cause it reminded me to check out your latest projects! Happy Valentines Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great post, I am actually going to paint my ceilings this weekend and the medallions look amazing. Very inspirational for do-it-yourself home decorating lovers like myself! Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love it! I've been on the lookout for inexpensive medallions that I can paint myself. Eeeek. Anyhoo, thank you for sharing. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails