Sunday, March 25, 2012

Antique Gold Nursery

It's a fact of life -- children grow!

Two years ago
I worked on this luxurious nursery
designed by my friend and colleague, Mary Grace.
You always can rely on her to create an elegant room
with miles of silk fabric.

Well, the little one is now ready
to move into his 'big-boy' room,
so the nursery will be retired
....at least for now. 

But before I show you his new room,
let's enjoy this one.


The color palette was gold and champagne,
inspired by the color of the crib.

I painted the walls with Sherwin Williams 'Blonde,'
then tickled the walls with bronze and gold glaze.
The stencil pattern is from Royal Design Studio.

Since we wanted the look of faded wallpaper,
the design didn't have to be applied perfectly.
I used a 4" roller lightly skipped over the stencil
to get just the right look.

The design is soft, fading in and out
as it shimmers in the light. 



...And now we begin the new bedroom
 with very grown-up furniture,
some vintage car prints,
and mens-wear inspired herringbone bedding
(bought at Kohls!)

What will the walls look like?
Wait and see.





Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sharon, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails