Sunday, September 2, 2012

Birch Tree Nursery

The color Grey is hitting our area -
and while I've never been fond of grey,
I'll admit that my opinion is quickly changing.

 
Canadian House and Home
Wall color is Sherwin Williams 1005 - Silverado
 
Canadian House and Home
Wall color is Sherwin Williams 7051 - Analytic Grey
 
Today's little project was a grey nursery -
with the new crib soon to be delivered,
and yellow/white linens from Pottery Barn.
...A smart look that's appropriate
for a little boy or girl.



The Mom-to-Be shared a photo of her inspiration with me.
She found it on-line at Off-Beat Mamma.
Notice the grey walls again!


But she wanted only a few trees flanking the crib.
And the design looked too stripe-y (is that a word?) for her.
Could the branches be bigger?

So feeling properly inspired, I set to work.
I made a little sketch
and used tape to lay out the tree design.



Before long there was a little grove of birch trees,
and the crib will nestle underneath them.
 
 
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! We are doing birch and trying to decide between using a projector to paint or taping off trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails