Sunday, September 9, 2012

Who's House is this, really?


Tuesday evening we returned from a short trip,
so this week there weren't any major painting projects.
 
Instead, I tried to catch up on all things domestic,
but at every turn I met with uninvited help.

In the laundry --

.
As I vacuumed --

While I tried to create some Autumn decor --

 
Even at the computer, I was thwarted.

 
 
There was nothing left to do but PAINT!
 I retreated into the studio,
 leaving the cats to amuse themselves.
 
Last week I painted a dining room ceiling
and now the medaillion needed to be painted.
 
 
This is the wallpaper that will be used in the room. 
I can hardly wait to see it on the walls.
 
Even though this isn't MY dining room (drat!),
it still is exciting to see it all come together.
 
 
I began with red
because it would echo the red in the wallpaper,
then layered it with bronze and brown for depth.
 
Red
 
Bronze
 
Brown

 
A few highlights of antique gold -
and it's ready to be installed.
 
Perfect!
 
 
At least a little something got accomplished today!
 
Unless of course, the cats decide to wash the floors for me,
which looks doubtful!
 
 
 
Enjoy!
 
 
 





 

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel, there is always a dog trying to tempt me to play rather than clean house. Love the medaillion and it was interesting to see the different colors as you added them.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails