Sunday, April 7, 2013

Chair Design

Spring is almost here --
and we gals are eager to spruce up our homes.
Sometimes just a small tweak of color will make us happy.
 
What can you do with a plain desk chair?
 
 
Plenty, if you are a painter for MacKenzie-Childs.
 
 
 
Which I'm not!
But oh, I do love to look at their designs.
 
So does my client.
She shared this catalogue photo with me,
and asked that I paint her kitchen chair in a similar style.
 
But not soooooo much pattern, she cautioned.
Keep it simple!
 
 
 
Doesn't the chair look nice at her desk?
 
 
 
At the same time, 
I changed her GREEN breakfast chair
to dusty BLUE,
a color that goes well with her collection of Deruta pottery.
 
 
 
 
 I'm always delighted
by the way a little paint can change things,
and give us a fresh outlook!
 
 

Enjoy!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. That beautiful chair just looks like it was fun to paint.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun! Now I'm looking at all the chairs in my house, searching for one that I can paint for my desk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The serious chair now looks perky and youthful. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails