Sunday, December 8, 2013

Painted Headboard


I've been thinking about a new headboard for years.
 
I drooled over this one -- but too expensive.
Nikola Bed - Farmhouse Collection
 
I thought about building one -- but never found the time.
Claudette Bed - Ballard Designs
Or maybe a fabric covered one -- no, it would be a magnet for cat hair.
Raleigh Bed - Pottery Barn
 
Then unexpectedly, I saw this in a re-sale shop.
.....and I was smitten.
 
 
It was tall.
It was the "right" shape.
It had interesting details.
And it was already painted!
 
  It's perfect for my room.
Thank you to the unknown artist.  
 
BUT
...and there's always a BUT isn't there?
 
My Dearly Beloved didn't seem to share my enthusiasm.
He frowned at the monolith leaning on his workbench.
Reading his mind, I spoke quickly,
 
"Yes, it is  too wide, king sized, and we needed a queen,
But it looks easy enough to cut down, doesn't it?"
 
If he had any disparaging thoughts, they were wisely kept to himself,
though I suspect inwardly he was saying,
"---did she really buy this?!"
 
Now, I'm aware that Dearly Beloved's habit is  
to do the least desirable task early in the day. 
He reasons that once it's done, the rest of the day is stress-free.
 
So, when he began to cut down the headboard before 9 am on a Saturday,
I knew it wasn't because he was thrilled to have a new piece of bedroom furniture!
 
Still, I had to ask,
 
"Are you doing this because you really, really like the headboard,
or because you want to get it over with?"
 
"I'm doing it because I love you."
 
...and that was enough.
 
 

 
 
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails