Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lamps 1 and 2

Usually, I'm not looking for anything specific
when I'm poking though estate sales
 
but if something interesting appears,
who am I to refuse it a ride home? 
 
This beauty caught my eye recently.
It's not my normal purchase - or style,
but it seduced me.


 

 
With it's distinctive woven metal shade,
the lamp vaguely looks mid-century modern.  
I like its texture and color and size -- a whopping  32" tall.
 
The base is silvery-gold, almost like mercury glass,
but I suspect it is pottery with a metallic ceramic glaze.

I'd love to know more about it,
so if you recognize this style, please let me know.

 _____________________ 
 
This vintage Lucite boudoir lamp came from junk shop
 and now is on the bathroom vanity. 
 However, before it could make its debut,
it needed a new shade. 
 
 
A treasured friend, Sherry,
taught me how to re-design a shade.
No one does it better than she,
but I'll give it a try.
 
Work along with me.
Here's her tutorial.
 
Heat from a hairdryer releases the old trim.
 

Then, cut away the fabric from the frame
and use it as a pattern for new fabric.


A glue gun holds the new fabric firmly in place
and snippets of trim finish the edges.
 
Love my new little lamp!
 
 
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails