Wednesday, June 22, 2016

MOPAR Mural



 I never know what the next project will be until the phone rings.
Often it's something that stretches my imagination, like this recent project.
A client wanted a painting for his office.
Cars.
Muscle cars from the 1960's.
Yes, include the race car his business sponsored.
Yes, to bright colors.
And yes, it had to be fairly large.
3 feet by 6 feet.

I know precious little about Chrysler cars.

Can't tell the difference between a Challenger and a Charger!

Fortunately, my husband and all his friends 
are car enthusiasts.

They provided me with advice and lots of photos of what to include in the design. 
The best way to incorporate all their suggestions was to paint a collage. 

Using photoshop, I manipulated the photos until I had a grouping that I liked. 
Mixed in with the cars were vintage MOPAR logos and a drag-strip tree.


Little by little, things took shape.

Painting multiple images made the large canvas more interesting 
than a single scene. 
It allowed me to use a variety of cars and lots of bright color.

You can see that instead of painting the cars realistically, 
I stylized them, giving an impression of of their iconic details.
Like this:


Almost finished!
I decided to float the canvas inside a brushed German Silver frame. 
And here it is in it's new home.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I enjoy hearing from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails